Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Getting Started.....

My daughter wants to learn about photography. I guess that leaves me to teach her what I know and go from there! I have learned a lot over the years, but with any type of art (and yes, that is what photography is really) you can always learn more.

One thing I firmly believe. Having a nice, cool, mean lean photo machine is great! But if you know what to do with it - even better! Anyone can cough up the change and get a fancy camera, but if you don't know how to use it - you have wasted your money. Likewise, if you know what you are doing, you can manage to get stunning photos with a basic point and shoot as well!! Granted, if you can combine the know how with the sleek camera, you have it made!

A Good starting point is always understanding the basics, what they mean and how they work together. For me, the basics were learning about ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture and how to use them together to get the desired effect and image that I wanted!

So I will continue with posts starting with the basics!

No comments: